NOTE: the dashboard icon “Review Claim Errors and Disallow Meals” is called “Check for Errors or Submit to Sponsor” if logged in as a site-level user. In addition, site-level users do not have a “Process Claim” dashboard button.
The claims process has five steps:
- Meal validation (“check for errors”) by the site.
- Review and correction of any errors by the site.
- Submission to sponsor by the site.
- Correction of any errors by the sponsor.
- Claims creation by the sponsor.
Sponsors can now group their claims into batches in order to track multiple claims submissions to the state agency. To create a claim for an individual site with batches, be sure to turn on batch claiming in Sponsor Setup.
On a monthly basis, running claims in batches has two steps:
Step 1: Name your claim batches.
- On the sponsor dashboard, click “Claims” and then “Manage Claim Batches”.
Step 2: Assign each claim to a batch.
- When you run claims, you will be prompted to assign each claim to a batch.