My Food Program stores the dates of a tier status determination for family child care homes. Note: family child care homes without a tier status determination or with an expired Tier I determination will be treated as Tier II. To see the tier status and dates of all providers, run a Site Export Report from the sponsor-level Reports section. Providers that are eligible to claim their own children need to have a household income form added in addition to the tier status determination.
To add a tier determination:
- Click on "Site Details" on the main dashboard
- Scroll to the "Tier Status" section
- Click on the blue "Add Tier Status" button
- Enter the fields:
- Tier Status (required)
- Tier I Reason (required if Tier I is selected)
- If a provider qualifies by census information, we have added a place to record the percentage of households that qualify for free or reduced-price meals in addition the existing field for Census Block Group or Census Tract
- If a provider qualifies by school district, we have added a place to record the school name, school ZIP code and percentage of households that qualify for free or reduced-price meals in addition to the existing field for School District
- If the provider qualifies based on their participation in a public benefits program, we have added a location for you to track their Case Number.
- Census Block, Tract or School District Name (optional)
- Effective Date (required)
- Expiration Date (Required)
- Click "Save"
Reminder: a tier designation will apply to all the children in a site except
those that are marked as provider’s own. A separate income form needs to be added for children marked as provider’s own to be claimed.