If you have a list of participants in an Excel spreadsheet, you can use the upload feature instead of creating each child or adult day care client individually. However, the information must be formatted exactly according to the template so that My Food Program can match the columns in your spreadsheet to the correct fields in My Food Program. We are happy to upload your participants (there is no fee for this service) so if you would prefer to have the My Food Program team complete the upload for you, please email [email protected].
Step 1: Get the Participant Upload Template
Step 2: Fill in the Participant Upload Template
- The Participants Upload Template has sample data entered so that you can see how the data is supposed to be formatted. Be sure to delete the sample rows before you complete the upload.
- Add your participant's data in the appropriate columns. A few notes about the data:
- The following columns are required for the upload to be successful:
- At least one of these columns must have a Y in them along with a start date: CACFPStandard, CACFPPreschool, CACFPSchoolAge, HeadStart,ARAM, NonCACFP. These are called Participant Program Types and you can learn more about them in our Help Center article on Participant Program Type. Typically, child care centers, family child care homes, emergency shelters and adult day care programs use CACFPStandard and afterschool programs use ARAM.
- If you leave the column "Classroom" blank, the participant will be added to the roster marked as the Default Roster
- If you enter any parent or guardian names, we recommend you also place a "Y" in the PrimaryGuardian column
- Participants will be combined into households only if the ParentName and ParentAddress fields are filled in for all the participants in the household and they are the same
When you are done filling in your data, save the template. Be sure to keep the original file extension “.csv (comma delimited)”. Excel files like “.xlsx” will not work.