Understanding Households and Participants
To add a new participant:
- Click on “Participants & Rosters” on the main dashboard.
On the Participants & Rosters page, you will see two buttons:
The first button you will see says, "Add to Existing Household". You can use this button if your new participant has a family member already enrolled. If you are a child care, this may be a new infant being added to an existing household account. If you are an adult care, this may be a participant whose spouse is also enrolled with your adult day care.
When you click on the "Add to Existing Household" button you will see a list of households. Select the one for the newly-enrolled participant and then click "Add Participant" to go to the Participant Info screen.
The second button that you see depends on the settings that your sponsor has selected.
- If your sponsor requires that household contact information be added in My Food Program, you will see a button that says "Add New Household". When you click on this button, you will need to add a parent/guardian name, address and phone number before adding a participant to the household.
- If your sponsor does not require household contact information to be added in My Food Program, you will see a button that says "Add Participant". When you click on this button, you will go straight to the Participant Info screen and My Food Program will automatically create a blank household.
When you add a new participant, the status will either be "Pending" or "Active" depending on your sponsor settings. The start date will default to the current date. If the participant started before today, adjust the start date. Learn more about participant status here.
When you add a new participant, the participant program will be auto-selected based on your site type. Adjust the program if needed. Learn more about participant programs here.
The participant schedule may be required by your sponsor. If so, click "Edit Schedule" and enter the typical days, hours and meals for the participant. Learn more about participant schedules here.
Only sponsors can add, delete or edit enrollment forms. If you are a site-level user, you can see enrollment form dates added by your sponsor. When enrolling a new participant, you may disregard this section. Learn more about enrollment forms here.
Infant Meal Notification & Developmental Readiness for Solid Foods
This section is hidden for adult day care programs.
Infant Meal Notification
An infant meal notification is documentation of whether the parents of an infant are going to supply their own iron-fortified infant formula or breastmilk and solid foods or accept those offered by the center or child care home. If you are enrolling a new infant, you should add an infant meal notification. If you are not enrolling an infant, you can disregard this section. Learn more about infant meal notification forms here.
Developmental Readiness for Solid Foods
USDA regulations require that infants that are developmentally ready for solid foods are offered those at each meal and snack. This section allows you to indicate the date on which an infant was developmentally-ready for solid foods. The default date is set by your sponsor. You may be able to edit these dates if your sponsor allows you to.
- If you are enrolling an infant who is already developmentally ready for solid foods, you should ensure the accuracy of the dates.
- If you are enrolling an infant who is not developmentally ready for solid foods, you should leave the default dates as a reminder.
- If you are not enrolling an infant you can disregard this section.
The Special Diet section allows you to indicate that a participant has a special dietary need. If you are enrolling a new participant with special dietary needs, you should complete this section. If you are not enrolling a participant with special dietary needs, you can disregard this section. Learn more about Special Diets here.